Early College High School Program
McAllen ISD and South Texas College are pleased to announce the opening of the Achieve Early College High School at South Texas College!
What is an Early College High School?
• An Early College High Schools (ECHS) blends the traditional high school and college into one educational program.
• Early College High Schools are small. Only 100 students are admitted as freshmen each year.
• The Achieve ECHS of McAllen ISD and South Texas College is a true partnership that beginning in the Fall of 2008 will allow 100 ninth graders from McAllen the opportunity to earn an Associates Degree by the time they graduate from high school. This is the equivalent of 2 years of college—tuition free.
The Achieve Early College High School will consider the following specific populations as part of the recruitment efforts:
(1) Students that are residents of the McAllen Independent School District attendance boundary and have attended MISD middle school for the entire Grade 8 Year;
(2) Students that would be the first in their family to attend college;
(3) Students who will be first year 9th Graders
To apply you must:
a. Be identified as an at-risk student, English Language Learner, first generation to attend college, low income, and/or an underrepresented student.
b. Complete Parts A – C of the application
c. Provide proof of residency (copy of entire current utility bill or lease agreement)
d. Provide a copy of up-to-date immunization record
e. Provide a copy of your birth certificate
f. Have good attendanceFor more information, please call Yvette Cavazos, Principal for Achieve ECHS 872-1653